It is often very helpful to engage in a short-term, targeted consultation with a goal to solve an immediate problem or challenge. This is most useful when you need to accomplish something soon, and you may not have the knowledge, skills, perspective or time needed. Typical projects might be:
- Troubleshooting a stagnant campaign.
- Planning a one-time fundraising effort or project
- Brainstorming the strategy for a solicitation, project, or campaign.
- Writing fundraising letters, case statements and other fundraising materials
- Editing fundraising materials such as direct mail, case statements, and grant proposals.
- Researching potential foundation funding.
- Conducting an executive search for a Director or Development Staff.
Each of these assignments requires some background information from your organization, clear goals and an anticipated product. In most cases there will be no final report in addition to that product. Most projects are billed on an hourly basis, and an estimate will be provided in advance.