President, CPG Enterprises, Inc.
ONGOING PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Consultant with a wide range of nonprofit clients in Northern New England, specializing in fundraising in Vermont and New Hampshire. Several hundred client organizations over the years, and over 110 Feasibility and Planning Studies.
- Specialization in Capital Campaign Planning, Studies and Coaching; Fundraising Audits, Assessments and Planning; Planned Giving Program Development.
- Author of several booklets and books on fundraising techniques and planning. See “Publications” for more information.
- Trainer and Presenter of Fundraising and Management Workshops and Training Sessions for Nonprofits
CURRENT STUDIES AND CAMPAIGNS
- Jeudevine Library
- Bennington Museum
- Barre Opera House
- Brattleboro Museum
- VNA of Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties: Respite House Campaign
- North Branch Nature Center
- Kroka Expeditions, Phase Two
- Upper Valley Waldorf School
- Sara Holbrook Community Center
- Fairbanks Museum
- Second Chance Humane Society
A Sample of CURRENT ADVISORY, ANNUAL FUND and COACHING CLIENTS
- Curtis Education Fund
- Episcopal Diocese of Vermont,
- Homeshare Vermont
- Vermont Parks Forever
- Champlain Housing Trust, St. Joseph School Campaign
- The Vermont State Colleges (Chancellor’s Office as well as the individual Colleges)
- Brattleboro Retreat
- Vermont Arts Exchange
- South Burlington Library
- Applying Yourself: a Primer for Grant Seeking and Writing
- Asking: A Hands-on Learner’s Guide to Gift Solicitation CPG Enterprises
- Blueprint for a Capital Campaign, CPG Enterprises
- Keep the Money Coming: A Step-by-Step Guide to Annual Fundraising; published 1993
- “Is Endowment for Us?” Grassroots Fundraising Journal, Chardon Press, 2002
- New Hampshire Directory of Foundations: annually 2001-2009(out of print)
- Practice Makes Perfect, Facilitator's Guide, CPG Enterprises
- Raising Money for Local Land Projects, with the Vermont Land Trust, 2010
- Starting With Staff: National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Vermont Directory of Foundations: now published by the Vermont Community Foundation and available at www.vermontcf.org.
- What Grantmakers Wish", New England Quarterly, summer 1996
- Where the Heart Is an allegory on philanthropy, commissioned by the Milton Murray Foundation for Philanthropy
- "Working from Strength,” capital campaigns for smaller organizations, JosseyBass, New Directions for Fundraising Series, March 1999.
WORKSHOPS, KEY NOTES AND CONFERENCES
- AFP-NNE: in Vermont and New Hampshire
- Americorps/VISTA workshops
- Antioch New England Graduate School
- Giving Monadnock
- Land Trust Alliance
- MDD/MBA Program faculty, Marlboro College, VT
- Museumwise Retreats at Sagamore Lake
- ODI/TAP: Organizational Development Institute
- Partners for Sacred Places, New Partners/New Dollars
- River Network National,
- State of Vermont Employee Training
- Sustainable Fundraising Series, with Vermont Community Foundation
- University of Vermont, Historic Preservation Program
- Upstate New York History Alliance
- Vermont Afterschool Programs Training Programs
- Vermont Library Association Youth Philanthropy Program: Vermont Agency of Human Services and The Bay Foundation
GRANTS AND AWARDS
- Distinguished Alumni Award at Briarcliff NY High School
- Business and Professional Women, Bennington County, VT; Woman of the Year, 1988.
- Fellow: The Snelling Center for Government, Leadership Program
- Grant for book on "Becoming a Philanthropist"; the Milton Murray Foundation
- Project Grant: The Bay Foundation, for Youth Philanthropy Program in Vermont,
- Research Grant: The Paul Foundation
- Vermont Council on the Arts: Citation for Contribution to the Arts, 1986 .
- Antioch Graduate School, M. Ed. in Organization and Management, 1982.
- Vermont Law School, Environmental Law Center, Course work in Mediation and Negotiation
- Bennington College, B.A. in Literature and Music 1969.
- Simmons College, 1965-67.
SERVICE ON BOARDS OF DIRECTORS, present
- The Fund for North Bennington
- Threshold, North Bennington
- Vermont Community Foundation: Member
- Vermont Ethics Network
- Preservation Trust of Vermont
- Chittenden County Hunger Council
- Task Force on the Nonprofit Sector
- Sage City Syndicate, North Bennington VT
- Founding Team for Technical Assistance Program for Vermont
- First Day of School Foundation,Chair
- Vermont Youth Orchestra Association
- School Board of Shaftsbury, VT: Elected Office.
- Art Selection Committee for State Office Buildings
- Vermont Council on the Arts: Trustee
- Green Mountain Arts Consortium: first president and trustee
- United Counseling Service of Bennington
- Sage City Symphony – co-founder and manager (1973-92), Emeritus: current
- Vermont Community Foundation, member since founding
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), since 1985
- National Council on Planned Gifts, since 1998
- Upper Valley Council on Planned Giving, since founding
- Vermont Institute for Science, Math and Technology: Director of Resource Development; 1993-98
- The Nature Conservancy, Vermont Chapter, Resource Director, 1988-93
- Governor's Institutes of Vermont: Founder/Executive Director, 1982-88
- Park McCullough House Museum: Interim Director, 1988.
- Bennington College: Director of Development and College Relations, Director of Special Projects and Director of Annual Fund and Alumni Relations; Founder of The July Program for High School Students, The Bennington Writers Workshop, the Bennington Abroad Program and the Bennington MFAProgram,'76-82.
- Sage City Symphony: Co-founder and General Manager, 1973-92.
- American Cancer Society: 1976 Regional Director, Vermont
- Hoosac School: 1973-75, Director of Development.
- WBTN Radio: copywriter and education news reporter (1970-73)
- Please feel free to contact the chief officers of any of my current or former clients for references, or ask for a separate listing of professional references.